I loved this game, yet at the same time I can understand why many didn't. People had come to love the old mechanics, and a game spent almost all the time on foot made them mad. All I cared about was the story and the gameplay, LOL.
What's a traadacktal? Do you mean the pterodactyl?
There's Snowhorn Wastes and there's Dragon Rock.
There's a speed challenge in SnowHorn Wastes and in Dragon Rock there's the pterodactyl mission. Is that what you're talking about?
Snowhorn Wastes Speed Challenge Instructions:
1. Find Blue Snowhorn.
2. Have Tricky melt the ice behind the mammoth. Kill the SharpClaws in the area. Kill the snake around the corner. Shoot the tree down. Go back to mammoth and give Golden Root to him.
3. Use Dinosaur Horn on the pad that appears. Next pad will appear in the area behind the blue Snowhorn. Blow horn and cross the fallen tree to the next pad.
4. Next pad is in wide open area. Ignore the enemies in the next area.
5. Go to the right and the next pad will be there.
6. Go left and the next pad will be next to the green Magic Plant and two GrubTubs (mushrooms).
7. Go to Garunda Te and the pad is there.
8. Go down the hill to the left and make a quick left. Kill the pop up snake and shoot down tree. Cross the fallen tree and climb the rock wall. The final pad is there. *Save your game too.
9. Go back up the slope to the area of the blue SnowHorn. Cross the fallen tree and continue on to the Krazoa Shrine: Test of Strength. *Save your game.
Dragon Rock- Freeing the Pterodactyl:
1. After freezing and killing the fire breathing monsters, refill your Staff/heal yourself if needed.
2. Have Tricky stay on the the pressure pad. That will activate a fuel barrel transporter.
3. Hit the 3 switches with the staff so the flames don't ignite the fuel barrel. Timing/patience is essential to avoid unneeded frustration.
4. Once completed, climb up the ladder to where the fuel barrel was dropped.
5. Again, timing/patience is essential because you have to toss the fuel barrel through wind tunnels with flaming jets. The first two are pretty easy, the last is more difficult. This tunnel is at an angle and the wind tunnel has two flame jets. Wait, until BOTH flame jets are turned off and hurl the barrel through. If you're not accurate, the barrel with actually bounce back and possibly explode. Hint: camera angle = aim.
6. Once you make it, throw the fuel barrel at the barricade. Inside you will find a switch. Adjust the switch until the rope carrying the pterodactyl's cage is in the center of the opening. Once in position, turn off the switch. (it doesn't have to be precisely in the center, but as long as it's within range) *Save your progress so you don't have to repeat this process.
7. Jump down to the ground and the pterodactyl will have you destroy the spires while riding on his back.
I hate to say this but the game is a lie I mean when I was little this game was my favorite of all time but then I found out it was just the buchered idea of another game that Nintendo took from Rare called Dinosaur Planet
it was because Dinosaur Planet was planned to be a N64 game, but for the nearly realise of the GC and the Microsoft contract with rare made it do it for GC. Also Shigeru said thad Sabre (one of the main characters) had a very close reesmblance to Fox McCloud. So Rare helped nintendo to make Star fox Adventures.
they didn't go to Microsoft at that time. it was 2 weeks after SFA was out.. What really happend was the stamper bros sold most of there steak to nintendo 2% from completely owning them.. and from the research we've done so far it seems Rare didn't want to give rights to there game, they were forced to..
Don't you just hate it when your playing super smash bros brawl,and your trying to get trophies in that coin-game,and all of a sudden a trophy that you OMGREALLYWANT appears,and you try to get it but it dissapears?
It happened to me.It was a Tricky trophy.
I was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHQ!!!!"
One of my favorite games on Gamecube I've beaten it like 10 times already but it still takes FOREVER . Even though there are only 4 Spellstones and 5 Krazoa Spirits you need to get it takes about a week!
I'm replaying the whole game now XD. This is my top favorite game and really wanted to prove to myself I could beat it (speaking I would always call my brother to help). I'm certainly going to favorite this
This is so cute! Heh, when I was ten I stuck on Ice Mountain for a LONG time, I though you had to kill both Sharpclaws before the end of the track. Then I found out how to get past them. Hopefully you'll figure out how to get through whatever you're stuck on. Believe me I've face palmed myself many times after I figured it out.